Friends of the Cheshire Library
Don’t miss the Friends of the Cheshire Public Library semi-annual book sale,
Thursday through Saturday, May 1, 2 & 3, 2014
A special Preview Sale will be held for paid up 2014 members of the Friends of the Library on Wednesday, April 30, from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. New members are always welcome and you can sign up that evening.
Since 1887, the Friends of the Cheshire Public Library have worked to meet the needs of the Library. The Friends provide programs, equipment and services that would not be available through the Library’s operational budget.
Join the Friends
Guidelines for Book Donations
Here are some of the programs that your contribution supports:
- Family Programs: Storytelling, performances, and music to entertain all members of your family.
- The Sunday Showcase Series: Sunday afternoon programs that feature performing arts and musical concerts.
- Thursday Evening Programs: For adults: Lectures and seminars on a wide variety of topics from self- help to book discussions.
- Summer Reading Program: Help keep up your children’s reading skills while school is out, and earn fun prizes.
The Friends also:
- Act as advocates for the Library locally and statewide
- Organize and run the annual Library book sale and other fund-raisers
- Purchase Museum passes for use by the public
- Assist in staff development and enrichment by providing funds for workshops, meetings and conferences
- Sponsor the Library Wish List. The Wish List consists of items organizations, clubs, businesses or individuals may wish to donate to the library
Did You Know:
- The Friends organize and run all Library book sales.
- The Friends provide the bulk of the Library’s staff support funding, which sends Library staff to professional workshops and conferences in order to provide excellent customer service.
- Library programs and performances are not funded by your tax dollars. They are funded 100% by the Friends of the Library.
- The Friends act as Library advocates locally and statewide.
PRESIDENT: Fellis Jordan
VICE-PRESIDENT: Suzanne Duffy
TREASURER: Mike Liapakis
SECRETARY: Pat Brown
BOOK SALE: Martha Lape
NEWSLETTER/PUBLICITY: Pat Westrich
TRUSTEES: Jim Archambault, Patti Flynn-Harris, Debbie Wylie
MEMBERS EX-OFFICIO: Ramona Burkey, Deborah Rutter, Maria Brandriff
Contact the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org
or use our email form. (Enter YOUR email address in the email address line!)